Lemon Fish with Carrots and CeleryMarch 5, 2015 at 11:30 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
The recipe is adapted from Polish cuisine and features fish flavored with lemon and black pepper, served over sautéed carrots and celery. Offer this nutrient-packed recipe hot, as a dinner entrée,or try it cold on a bed of greens.
4 5 oz portions of scrod or cod (1.25 pounds in total)
3½ cups carrots, shredded (about 5-6 carrots)
1 1/3 cups celery, diced
3½ tbsp canola oil, divided
1¼ tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp kosher salt
black pepper (to taste)
1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional, as garnish)
1 tbsp parsley, chopped (optional, as garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Cover a baking pan with aluminum foil (allow for foil to hang over the edges of the sheet pan).
3. Place fish on foil and coat fish with 1 tbsp canola oil and lemon juice; season with pepper.
4. Cover fish tightly with aluminum foil (make a few holes in the foil with a fork so that steam can escape).
5. Bake fish for about 15 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. (The internal temperature should be 145°F.)
6. While the fish is baking, sauté celery with 1½ tbsp oil until tender, about 5-10
minutes. Add carrots, 3 tbsp of water and the remaining oil (1 tbsp). Season with ¼ tsp
salt and sauté vegetables for about 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
7. Serve fish over vegetables and garnish with lemon wedge and parsley, if desired
Yield: 4 servings (about 4 ounces cooked fish and ½ cup vegetables)
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories: 240 • Protein: 27g • Sodium: 375mg • Carbohydrate: 9g • Fiber: 3g • Fat: 11g •
Sat Fat: 1g